Minimum Age – 10 years old
Duration : 1 day 1 dives
Discovery Scuba Diving
You would like to try scuba diving in Bali ? Join us for a PADI discovery dive in Nusa Penida island with Warnakali dive center. It will be fun, safe and very professional, thanks to the 3-meter deep pool of the diving center. It starts indeed with a training in the pool, and go to the underwater. Hopefully with Manta Rays !
What is a discovery dive ?
Discovery diving is an initiation to scuba diving. It is designed for all those who want to discover the sensations of diving. But without having to spend the few days necessary to become a certified diver. Discovering diving in Bali is quite a nice experience to bring back from your trip, isn’t it?
And who knows, you may like it so much that you will want to continue or come back to Bali to take the PADI Open Water Diver Course. We are flexible at Warnakali. If you plan it from the start, then your first discovered dives will be taken into account in the certification course. We have indeed lots of stories of divers who started with a discovery dive and went on very far !
We start discovering diving in the pool
We will first pick you up from your hotel in Nusa Penida in the late afternoon to bring you to the center and choose your equipment. After a short diving theory course, it’s time to go swimming and “breathe underwater”. You calmly familiarize yourself with the diving equipment in the small pool in shallow water.
And then you will dive into the 3 meter deep pool to learn to equalize your ears in a reassuring environment. That’s it, you are ready to dive in the beautiful waters of Nusa Penida ! But before that we will probably enjoy the beautiful sunset from Warnakali dive center
Then let’s go diving in Nusa Penida underwater !
We will pick you up the next morning at your hotel and we will reach directly the port of Toyapakeh. From there we will go on the first dive spot for your first underwater discovery dive around Nusa Penida. After a well deserved fruit salad and coffee, we will make a quick assessment of the first dive. Soon, you will then return to the colors of the aquatic world for the second discovery dive. With a little luck you may have seen Manta rays during one of the two dives. Finally (that soon ?), we take you back to the hotel. And, that’s it, you’ll become a member of the great scuba divers family !
What will you learn during your discovery dive ?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. During an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course
What scuba gear will you use ?
Warnakali will provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank.All equipment at the Warnakali Dive Center is brand new and maintained by qualified personnel. And most importantly, all the necessary security equipment is available.
Where do a discovery dive in Nusa Penida ?
Your Warnakali instructor will choose the best sites each day according to the tides, currents and weather conditions.The most common sites for your first dive, depending on the conditions, are:
You will find all the information on these sites in this article devoted to the most beautiful diving sites in Nusa Penida.In any case your Warnakali instructor will ensure your safety, your comfort and make this experience unforgettable !
The price of the diving day includes :
- One time pool session trainee
- One time dive to a maximum of 12m in the ocean
- Rental of the complete equipment (ScubaPro stabilizer vest, 5 mm wetsuit, booties, mask, fins, belt, 12-liter aluminum tank)
- Transport to Nusa Penida dive sites from Toyapakeh Harbour by fast boat, with oxygen, radio and safety equipment on board (pick up from Sanur or hotel in Nusa Penida not included in the price)
- PADI insurance (subject to confirmation)
- If you have your own diving equipment
- For packs of 5, 10 or 20 dives (ask us)
- For packages Warnakali dives + Adiwana Warnakali Resort
- Extra diver on the same trip